Show And Tell

 I came across this interesting page displaying artwork of women mostly naked other than an object covering their vulnerabilities. The artist is a male which made me question his target audience or purpose in creating the art. The name of his page too is “h_rny.art” and the creator is Ilya Gureev. He has around 37k followers which also makes me question if he just bought followers and the instagram verified tag. He is a talented artist and the artwork is very vibrant and creative, however, the whole aim w objectively portraying women with objects covering them. Just thought it was interesting and wanted to hear if anyone disagrees or shares the concern.

https://www.instagram.com/h_rny.art?igsh=bGhpeDFhbDBmemdn




Comments

  1. I had never heard of this account before. While I think the naked body has been proven to be a staple of the art world, this seems to have a different meaning. The body can be turned into beautiful works of art. However, with that username it makes it hard to believe that this account was made with the intent of beautiful and creative artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the Instagram account and I think his art is pornography. A few of his pieces are not bad. However, there are a few (duplicates?) where the female subject looks like she is not enjoying whatever activity she is involved with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Taylor said, the naked body is a staple of the art world, but to this extent I feel it is not art and more so lust. Also the name of the page being “horny art” doesn’t help it’s case.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!

A Heated Rivalry or Wicked Misogyny?

Intro/Post-Grad Plans!